USC Tau Beta
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Early in 1949 mechanical engineering students from the University of Southern California, under the leadership of E. N. Clyde and W. J. Wilkinson, Jr., with the wholehearted approval of the department and assistance by Professor V. L. Maleev, petitioned the National Council for a chapter of Pi Tau Sigma.
The U.S.C. Tau Beta Chapter was formally installed May 13, 1949, by National President B. H. Jennings, assisted by Dr. V. L. Maleev and representatives of three other chapters.
U.S.C. Tau Beta Chapter immediately embarked on awards to outstanding juniors and cooperation with the Engineering Department along with other traditional activities.
ANNUAL SUMMARY REPORTS