CCNY Pi Beta
New York, NY 10031
Charter Date March 28, 1942
Chapter No. 27
Chapter Status Dormant
In 1941 an honorary organization; Alpha Mu Epsilon was formed under the direction of Professor C. H. Kent to petition the National Council of Pi Tau Sigma for a chapter to be instituted at the City College of New York.
The New York Pi Beta Chapter was formally installed on March 28, 1942, by National President H. E. Degler, assisted by Professor Kent. At the 1958 convention the chapter designation was changed to C.C.N.Y. Pi Beta.
Present functions and activities include working as aides in the Mechanical Engineering Office of Curricular Guidance. The chapter also sponsors charitable fund raising drives and has recently instituted an extensive tutoring program. Each year a teacher of the year award is presented to an outstanding faculty member. Members also serve as' guides when the Mechanical Engineering Department holds its Open House Engineers Day.
ANNUAL SUMMARY REPORTS