New York Poly Pi Pi
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Charter Date May 20, 1948
Chapter No. 41
Advisor Dr. Joseph Borowiec
Brooklyn Poly Pi Pi Chapter was formally installed on May 20, 1948, by National Vice-President C. H. Kent. Under the leadership of faculty advisor Professor Carl J. Altio, the chapter, one of the youngest organizations at the Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn, has become one of Poly's leading student organizations.
To add to the Institute's Centennial celebration, the chapter has initiated an award of a Mechanical Engineer's Handbook, to be given to the top mechanical engineering sophomore each year. In addition to this, it engages in a number of other activities which include holding a joint smoker with the student section A.S.M.E., assisting in "Open House," and working with other honorary fraternities in conducting P.E. Exam help classes.
Other recent undertakings of the chapter are participation in a teacher evaluation poll and student tutoring program in cooperation with various other student organizations.
In 1975 the Brooklyn Poly Pi Pi and the NYU Pi Zeta Chapters merged to form the New York Poly Pi Pi.
ANNUAL SUMMARY REPORTS